Thursday, January 27, 2011

Breakfast is served

Wow!  It's been a busy 4 months!  I haven't had a chance to post anything to my blog.
But since it's a snow day, I decided to take some bird photos after I cleared the feeders and put fresh food out.

The Breakfast Club.

It has taken us several years to attract cardinals to our feeders.  We finally have two pair that come on a regular basis.  I believe planting additional evergreens along the back of the property has helped.


The Lone Diner.

Bluejays always seem to scatter the other birds with their loud mouths!  I love them nonetheless.


Dark Eyed Junco.
I never see these adorable little birds until it snows.
  Where do they go?


Female Downy Woodpecker.

She and the male just love this peanutbutter log we hang for them!

She is darn near tame.

There have been times when she and the male are reluctant to leave the log while my husband is filling the holes with fresh peanutbutter mixture.  They don't seem to be fearful of him.
We also have a pair of Red Bellied Woodpeckers and a pair of Yellow Bellied Sapsuckers that visit the peanutbutter logs.
They are far spookier and harder to capture their image.

No comments:

Post a Comment